This policy explains how we collect information, what we use the information about you for, the basis on which we collect it and your rights.
The information we hold is collected and managed by us, Edge Tech Group Ltd. We collect information–
- from our website www.edgetechconsulting.io;
- from other websites you provide your details to who are permitted to provide your data to us;
- provided by you directly to us;
- provided by any consultancy company that you work through; and
- from referees, clients or other sources where required as part of a recruitment exercise or engagement.
Our registered office is 1 Billing Road, Northampton, England, NN1 5AL. We can be contacted on:
firstname.lastname@example.org and 01908 382 398
We oversee all of our data management to ensure that compliance with this policy and the data protection rules.
The personal information we collect and hold
Website data: our website will collect your name, date of birth, address, email address, phone numbers, any documents you supply to us such as a CV, and any other information you send to us in messages such as an outline of your employment history.
Direct data: we will collect any of the information collected on our website which was not provided, a detailed employment history and/or cv and other information we may request for applications you may make e,g, professional qualifications or memberships. For temporary or consultancy engagements we may require information on your right to work, the hours you work and information on medical conditions you may have or develop.
Information from clients/referees: we will collect feedback from clients on interviews you attend, information about any temporary engagement you may undertake and in some cases may obtain references for our clients.
How we use and disclose personal information
We and third parties may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- providing your details to a client as part of an application by you for a job or temporary assignment with them. We will notify you before we do this, and we provide the information because you have consented to its use.
- to consider you for potential vacancies – we will only do this where you have consented to us doing this or we have a legitimate interest in doing so, we will have a legitimate interest where you have requested we consider you for similar vacancies or the vacancy is one which is particularly suited to you and in any case, we believe you would wish to be considered for it. We will not submit your details for a vacancy unless you have confirmed we should do so. We will not consider you for any potential vacancies where you have requested we do not do so – see below.
- administering a contract with us where we engage you to fulfil a temporary engagement. We will process your information as required to administer your contract with us.
- where you are engaged by a third party company as part of a temporary engagement or an assignment we may process information about you for that third party company. We are processing your information in this circumstance either because we need it for our agreement with the client (and we will process it due to our legitimate interest in doing so) or on behalf of the third party company (and they will confirm the lawful basis for processing it).
- providing you with information about ourselves, the jobs market generally and as part of surveys we conduct from time to time – we will only do this if you have consented to receive such information or we have a legitimate interest in doing so and you have not opted out – see below.
- sharing your Data with third party organisations who provide services to us e.g. our IT services provider. We provide this information to these third parties as part of our services to you and our clients and they process data for us. All these providers have contracts with us.
Where we process your data, it is subject to our strict internal policy requirements as well as the Data Protection regulations.
How long will we hold your personal information
We will hold the personal information we use to meet the requirements of our agreements with clients, or you for the period of those agreements and any further period afterwards that we need for regulatory or other legal reasons (such as to defend any claims). This will usually mean that we will hold information for seven years after an agreement ends. Where we process information for a third party we will hold the information for as long as we are required to do so. We will remove any personal information we do not need when we no longer need it.
Where we have personal information which you have consented for us to use we will hold it for the period the consent remains in force and any other period we need for regulatory or other legal reasons. You may remove your consent at any time.
We will delete any information about you we no longer need. Please see below in relation to your rights to have data erased, rectified or for you to access it and for you to object to any processing or to transfer it.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data corrected or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
You are also able to withdraw any consent you have provided for us to use your data at any time. This is opting out and the process is set out below.
You can opt out of any consent provided to us by unsubscribing from the communications you receive from us. You can also contact us at any time to confirm that you wish to withdraw your consent.
If you do not wish us to continue to receive such information from us about potential roles, services or surveys in the future then please let us know by contacting us directly at the address above or by e-mail email@example.com. We do not pass your information to external third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Your privacy and data protection is very important to us and we comply with all aspects of the Data Protection legislation and ensure that any third parties we engage do so. You can find out more about your rights to data from the Information Commissioners Office.
Some data processing may occur in other parts of the European Union (“EU”) or outside of the EU. Wherever data is processed your rights under the Data Protection Regulations will be met and we will ensure that any agreement to process your data ensures this and give you rights in the unlikely event of any security breach.
When you visit our websites we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords are not stored in cookies.
If you have any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note that because of the insecure nature of emails we cannot accept any responsibility for data lost or intercepted in transit.)
Or write to us at:
Edge Tech, 1 Sketty Close, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 7PL
Telephone – 01908 382 398